Monday, December 14, 2009

Chevy or Ford???

For most people today it's probably not a big deal what "brand" of car you drive. But for some it is very important. I remember my brother getting dad a hat emblazoned with "I'd rather push a Chevy than drive a Ford..." When I was young we heard about the Boyles' and Armstrong's very different idea of what car is best. The Boyles were all Chevy people and the Armstrongs believed Fords were best. By the time we met the great uncles it wasn't such a big thing (certainly no Hatfield's and McCoy's) but there still was plenty of ribbing.

"Ford stands for Fix Or Repair Daily..." and "Oh, you'll have to push your Chevy alright since it won't run..."

I think before Bob and I got married he was even quizzed to find out whether he was a Ford or Chevy man. (Luckily for me he drove only Chevrolet.)

The other day we noticed there were only Chevrolets in the drive. Those big Chevy trucks looked like Big Brother's to Rebecca's Cobalt. Then Rebecca moved her car to the garage and Bob's Ford work truck was flanked by the Silverado's. They appeared to be body guards for the Ford.

I'll leave you with one parting thought: What did the Chevy say to the Ford?

"Would you like a ride home?"

No comments:

Post a Comment